Berdoues is a niche fragrance house that I recently discovered. I decided to try out a fragrance from their Grand Crus collection, Hoja De Cuba. Hoja De Cuba translates to Cuba Leaf. Keep reading to see what I think!Continue reading “Fragrance Friday #25 | Berdoues Hoja De Cuba EDP”
Happy New Year! I hope 2021 has gotten off to a good start for you all! For me, each new year gives me a feeling of a clean slate and this year is no different. I KNOW that 2021 will be a better year than 2020!
Anyway, on to the items that caught my eye over the last week!
- From time to time, I love a good statement necklace, and these faux pearl initial necklaces fit the bill. They are big enough to draw the eye, but they don’t look over the top or cheap (imo)!
- For this one, I kind of cheated. LOL. I wanted to pair these two items because they are basically the same idea, except one is a pair of shorts and one is a pair of joggers. Both items are faux leather and the color on both are amazing. Faux leather pants/shorts seem to be really big this season, but I think that both of these could be worn for years. Plus, they are really affordable!
- These sneakers are so cute and are under $25! I really like the white pair with the pop of yellow, but I also think the leopard pair is really cute!
- I’m all for a new lippie and this new release from NARS seems perfect. It is a soft, matte, lipstick that appears to look velvety on the lips. Not to mention, the color is perfection!
- I really love this puff sleeve sweatshirt. The color and style really dress up this comfy sweatshirt. Right now, it is on sale for less than $20!
SHOP THE POST
Has anything new caught your eye this week?
It’s been a minute! If you don’t follow my YouTube channel, you may have been wondering what happened to me….In short, Vlogmas happened to me! Basically, Vlogmas is posting every day in December up through Christmas Day. I participated this year, so make sure to check out all my Vlogmas videos when you get a chance.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I had a very nice day with my husband and kids. We were unfortunately unable to spend the day with our extended family, but overall, it was a good day! Of course, with Christmas shopping, SO MANY THINGS caught my eye. LOL. Today, I’m sharing 5 of the items that caught my eye this past week. Maybe you can put those gift cards to use if you see something that you like!
- For some reason, I’ve been eyeing espresso machines lately. I don’t think I’m ready to make that jump yet, but if I was, I think it would be for this gorgeous machine that does everything! As a bonus, it would go well with my other kitchen appliances!
- I have been on the hunt for a medium to lightweight long robe, which seems like it would be easy to find, but it has not been. However this robe seems perfect and I absolutely love all the colors that it comes in. My only hesitation is that I have never purchased anything from this brand before. Have you? Any thoughts?
- This decorative mirrored sign is beautiful and I think would make a great addition to any home. I would personalize it with my family’s last name. I’m thinking of getting it to be a centerpiece to a gallery wall of family photos.
- Pink velvet joggers! PINK VELVET JOGGERS! I don’t think I need to say anymore. LOL. I love these even though they are unlike anything else that I own. I barely wear colored pants, but these pink velvet ones have my name all over them!
- Lastly, this jumpsuit is the perfect cross between elegant and casual. It can be dressed up of course, but just as easily dressed down with sneakers. The material is more of a sweatshirt material that looks super comfy.
SHOP THIS POST
What caught your eye while you were shopping for others?
My items this week are really good especially for gift giving (to yourself or others)! Check out my picks!
- I love my PMD Face Cleanser, and when I saw that they had a body cleanser, I was intrigued! It’s definitely not something I need, but I think it would be great for body cleansing and exfoliation.
- Sweater dresses are essential for the colder months and this one is really nice. Believe it or not, I don’t own any sweater dresses. This one looks great and is affordable.
- I feel like something in animal print catches my eye every week! This week is no exception. These soft joggers are perfect for lounging around the house and still being cute. They also have the matching top that can be purchased separately.
- I know that I don’t need a new eyeshadow palette, but a girl can look! This new palette from Huda Beauty is so pretty, especially in the swatches. It has the colors for an everyday look, but you can also jazz it up a little.
- Lastly is a bag that I already own, but in a different color. Since last year I have been wanting an olive bag with gold hardware, but I never came across the right one. This bag is perfect for me. I already own it in the same size so I know that it fits my lifestyle and is well made. Dear Santa……please?
SHOP THE POST
Did anything catch your eye this week?
Zara has released quite a few new fragrances this year and one of the scents that caught my eye was A Sweet Pastry in Paris. Did it live up to my expectations?
First, let’s talk about the bottle–I like it! It is simple, but well made with heavy glass and a wooden cap. Although it’s not my favorite design in the whole world, it is rather nice and classy.
Mid: sugar cane
Zara only lists 3 notes for A Sweet Pastry In Paris; lemon, sugar cane, and vanilla. I’m not sure if that is entirely true, but I do think these are definitely the most prominent notes. I love a good sweet lemon scent and that is what this fragrance gives me. It smells like a sweet lemon flaky baked good. It smells delicious.
Unfortunately, because I love sweet lemon scents, this one kind of gets lost in my collection. I find that it doesn’t have enough depth for me to pick it over the other lemon fragrances in my collection.
As far as projection, I find that this fragrance sits pretty close to the skin. It’s more than a skin scent, but not one that will be smelled by others unless they are relatively close to you. That projection dwindles to a skin scent the longer that the fragrance is worn.
As for longevity, I find it to be pretty poor. On me, I only get about 4 hours of wear total. However, since this fragrance is so affordable, I think that it is worth it, if you love the scent, to keep respraying.
Overall, I like A Sweet Pastry in Paris, but it’s not a love for me. I wish it had a bit more depth and projected a little more. I do really love the price point and would suggest it if you’re interested!
Zara A Sweet Pastry in Paris retails for $25.90 for a 3.4 oz bottle and can be purchased here.
Have you tried any Zara fragrances? What did you think?
Today is the first day of the yearly Sephora Sale Event for Beauty Insiders! As per usual, Sephora is granting access to the sale based on tier level. VIB Rouge members get 20% off 10/31/2020-11/9/2020, VIB members get 15% off 11/3/2020-11/9/2020, and BI members get 10% off 11/5/2020-11/9/2020. Check out my top picks for the sale below!Continue reading “Sephora Holiday Savings Event Recommendations”
Another week, another 5 items! This week a lot caught my eye! Check them out!
- Coordinated sets have been all the rage this year. This leopard set looks comfy enough to lounge in, but chic enough to go out and about in! I love both colors! I may have to pick one of these up!
- I love a good headwrap and this set of 4 comes pre-wrapped! Yep, you read that right! With this set, you no longer need to struggle to get the perfect knot. Also, the prints are really pretty!
- I know that we are technically in Fall, but where I live I can probably get away with wearing sandals for another couple of months. These slides embrace the basket weave trend, but in a way that I think is very wearable. Plus, I love the color!
- How cute is this new lip balm?!?! This one is tinted, but it also comes in clear. I’m pretty sure I will be picking up at least one of these during the upcoming Sephora Sale.
- Lately, I’ve been dabbling in eyeshadow again, but I definitely don’t need another eyeshadow palette. This one is so pretty and well priced! Let’s see if I can resist!
SHOP THE POST
Did any new products catch your eye this week? Please share!
It’s been sooooo long since my last Fragrance Friday! I know that I never promised to do these every week, but I never thought I would go this long without doing one! Anyway, I won’t bother with my lame excuses, I’ll just tell you that I have a plan going forward so that I don’t miss as many weeks again!
This week, I’ll be reviewing a fragrance from the niche brand, Amouage. Amouage is known for their complex and sometimes even strange scents. Journey Woman falls right in line with that. Let’s get into it!Continue reading “Fragrance Friday #23 | Amouage Journey Woman EDP”
I’m back this week with more items that caught my eye! Clearly, I’m on a little handbag kick…. Check out my picks!Continue reading “5 Items That Caught My Eye This Week”
I’m back with another 5 Items That Caught My Eye This Week! I know I missed last week, but that was because it was my birthday! Check out what I’ve been checking out!
- These earrings are repurposed from Chanel buttons! I love this idea and the earrings are beautiful! Not to mention, the price is pretty reasonable!
- These furry slides are very similar to some that I got from Target a few years ago that I happen to love. My Target ones are still going strong, but I’m glad I found a backup just in case.
- I’m all about joggers recently and I really like the print on these. They also look to be a looser fit which I think would work well for my body type!
- Another week, another animal print. Obviously, I can’t get enough. These sneakers are right up my alley!
- Out of everything mentioned, these sneakers are the ones that I am most likely to buy. They are similar to Golden Goose sneakers (more apparent in the white version), but they are black! I think these would work well for work and casual wear for me. I basically just talked myself into them. LOL.
SHOP THE POST
Has anything new caught your eye recently? Share!