A few months ago (quite a few months ago at this point, lol), I was blessed to be able to go on vacation! Yay! My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary with a trip to Cancun, Mexico with another couple (who we love and look up to)! If you have been following my Youtube channel, you may have seen some of the outfits that I wore while there, but here, I wanted to show you what makeup I took with me. Not to mention, the absolutely gorgeous toiletry case that accompanied me!
So I took all of my makeup in the Louis Vuitton Nice BB and also took these two other bags to separate my lip products and brushes. They all fit in perfectly in the Nice BB. I would highly recommend the Nice BB if you are interested in it. It is definitely a piece that I love to look at and will be happy to pass down to my daughter when she is older!
For complexion, I decided to take the Dior Face & Body foundations. I initially purchased this in the wrong shade, but decided to pick it up in a better shade during the latest Sephora sale. I’m so glad I did! This foundation was perfect for vacation because the coverage is so customizable. I can build it up for heavier looks or apply it lightly for everyday looks. I was thinking about doing a full review on this foundation, let me know if you would be interested! For concealer, I took my favorite, the Too Faced Born This Way Sculpting Concealer.
Now let’s get into the goodies!
- Dior Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer 001 This is the perfect all occasion highlight. It goes on smoothly, doesn’t accentuate texture, and can be used customize the type of glow that you want! I honestly think that this will work on any skin tone.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Eye Primer I really like this eyeshadow base on my super oily eyelids. It keeps the shadow in place and dries almost clear.
- MAC Fix+ This classic setting spray is a must for any beauty lover. I used this to keep my skin looking healthy and hydrated and also to help with any glittery shadows.
- Beauty Bakerie Flour Translucent Powder I’ve been using this for awhile to set my under eyes, but on this trip I also used it to set the oilier areas on my face. It sets beautifully and doesn’t give me any flashback in photos.
- Sephora Canary Islands Bronzer Unfortunately this is no longer available (similar here), but this bronzer is great for my skin tone. It gives a radiant bronzed glow that looks really natural and pretty!
- Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Ipanema Sun My favorite bronzer! It is perfect on my skin, year round for a radiant bronze. It is definitely not matte, but its not shimmery either.
- MAC Blush in Fleur Power An oldie but a goodie! This pink blush looks like it would be ashy, but it is definitely not! It packs a punch of pigment that will work well for a wide range of skin tones!
- NARS Blush in Gina One of my top two blushes, Gina is the perfect everyday blush for me. It is a light orange that doesn’t pull ashy, but is not overpowering at all!
- NARS Blush in Taj Mahal The other one in my top two blushes! I love this one for the summer and fall months because it gives an almost rusty orange glow that is super pretty! It is very pigmented, so it works best on darker skin tones.
- Loreal Unbelieva Brow Gel in Dark Brunette I think that this was the only product that I didn’t use! It is a colored brow gel that you can use to fill in your brows. It is supposed to last a few days, as long as you are not using an oil based cleanser. This honestly is not my fave, but its not horrible either.
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer My go to primer because it makes my pores less noticeable and gives a slight mattifying effect without making me look dry.
I decided to stick with Huda Beauty eyeshadow for this trip because I really wanted to get some use out of the New Nudes palette. I loved the eye looks that I created with these 3 palettes, but I definitely didn’t need to take all of them!
I took a mixture of nudes and bright, bold, fun colors! I love taking bright lippies with me on vacay, because they easily dress up a “plain” face and they are fun to play with!
Makeup is more fun for me on vacation because I have the time to actually play with my looks! This post is long overdue, but I still wanted to post it because I thought it may help inspire some of you. Plus, the goodies that I took with me were too good to go unmentioned! I have a trip coming up in November, so let me know if you want to see what I take with me then!
What is your go-to travel makeup? Do you keep it simple, or overpack like me?