Why do foundations now have to have a name with 10 words in it??? The new Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Foundation is definitely no exception! I picked this up in the shade 5W1 Bronze to test out. As a new addition to the Double Wear line, it is supposed to give a lightweight but long lasting coverage. If you have been following my blog for awhile, you will know that this sounds right up my alley! I tested this out for you in the video below, so make sure to watch that. If you are short on time and want to quickly know what I thought of the foundation, check out my pros and cons below.
- beautiful, skin-like finish
- feels lightweight on my face
- not too matte or too dewy, more of a natural satin finish
- provides sun protection with SPF 30
- relatively long wearing, lasts at least 12 hours on me (may not be the same if you have oily skin)
- packaging, this foundation could definitely benefit from a pump especially since it is a thinner consistency
- only available in 12 shades (regular Double Wear foundation has over 30 shades, so hopefully they will expand the shade range)
Overall, I really like the Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Foundation. The biggest selling point for me is that it just looks really great on my skin. Not to mention, the lightweight feel is a requirement for me for daily makeup. I wouldn’t necessarily wear this one for a night out, but I think you will love it if you are looking for something to wear day-to-day and you don’t need too much coverage.
Have you tried the Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Foundation yet? Is this something that you think you would like?