The next product in my Staple Hair Product Review Series is Curls in a Bottle! by Curl Junkie. This glycerin-free gel is a lightweight gel that can be used for styling or as a finisher. I usually use this on top of other products as a last step to keep the frizzies away for my wash & go styles. This gel retails for $19 for 12 ounces of product. It can be purchased at www.curljunkie.com, www.aveyou.com, and select other retailers.
Key Ingredients: hydroxycellulose, agave nectar
Product Texture/Consistency: very thin gel (almost liquid)
Product Claims: to be a lightweight and conditioning styler to enhance and define curls
How the Product Measures up to the Claims: This product is very lightweight so I use it on top of other stylers to lock in my curls. This can be used alone as a styler, however, it may provide better hold to those with less coarse hair. I don’t find this gel to be conditioning, however it is not drying. It also helps enhance my curls
How I Use This Product: I use this for wash & go hairstyles. I will put it over other stylers as a finishing product. I also use it to touch up my wash & go on a daily basis between washes.
- very light hold that doesn’t leave hair crispy
- “plays well” with other products
- thin texture makes it easy to spread through hair
- nice smell
- defines my hair without making it too defined
- I can use it on dry hair without it flaking
- a little product goes a long way
- makes my hair appear shinier
- I can only purchase online
- expensive for a gel, but a bottle lasts me at least 6 months
Have you tried Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle!? How do you use it?